Combing the latest technology with seasonal trends, the Miele Culinary team offers a range of recipe options whether it be fish or vegetarian, starter, main course or dessert, from Germany, Italy, or Asia. Each week we share with you a recipe inspired by the Miele culinary database of over 1000 tried and tested recipes.
Chicken Biryani – By Miele
15 mins Preparation Time | 20 minutes cooking time | Serves 4
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp cardamom pods,
½ tsp whole cloves
1 cinnamon stick
1 brown onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp ginger, grated
2 ½ tsp garam masala
2 ½ tsp turmeric
2 ½ tsp ground coriander
600 g skinless chicken
thigh fillets, diced
1 ½ cups basmati rice
375 ml chicken stock
1 cup fresh or frozen peas
2 tbsp mango chutney
¼ cup chopped coriander
Thick natural yoghurt
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium-high heat, induction setting 7.
- Add cardamom, cloves and cinnamon and fry until fragrant. Add the onion and fry until golden.
- Add the garlic, ginger, ground spices and diced chicken and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and place the mixture into an unperforated steam container. Add the rice and the stock, stir to combine and Steam at 100°C for 18 minutes.
- Stir in the peas and mango chutney and Steam at 100°C for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove from the steam oven, cover with foil and rest for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the coriander and season to taste.
- Serve with yoghurt and extra mango chutney